10 Useless Things I Know From Growing Up on an Island
January 25, 2010 § Leave a comment
1) I can identify any shell. Seriously. Let’s take a walk!
2) I can tell how poorly a condo or hotel was constructed just by looking at it. (Ocean City, MD I’m looking at you)
3) If I’m in Iowa, I will still know which way to the Atlantic Ocean.
4) I can tell you when a storm is coming. My ex boyfriend made fun of me & called me Weather Girl. When the wind blows the leaves “upside down” so the “white” side shows. It will pour in about 10 minutes. Find some cover!
5) If the wind changes directions, I will notice immediately.
6) You cannot get good seafood if you are more than 3 hours away from the sea. You cannot get great seafood if you are more than 1 hour away. Sorry central PA sushi lovers, you’re gross!
7) When there is a dangerous current, I can tell (bit probably won’t tell YOU) just by looking
8.) That the ocean can freeze. Fact.
9) That some people will never see the ocean…and I can never be too far from it.
10) That the sea speaks to the stars at night. They talk about being infinite.